The content of this website has been designed to be as accessible as possible. Care has been taken to support assisstive technologies such as screen readers and text-only browsers, as well as ensuring the site can be used by keyboard users.
This site is compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, conforming to Level AA and satisfies some elements of Level AAA.
For more information regarding web accessibility visit the accessibility guidelines section at the W3C’s website.
The main navigation in the banner area links to the main sections of the site, while the sub-navigation provides links to individual pages within each section.
This site does not provide accesskeys due to potential conflicts with some user agents. However there is a visible link at the beginning of each page, which allows users to skip to the main content.
There is a search facility below the navigation, and a sitemap which can be accessed via the footer menu.
You may change the display font size to your preference using your browser:
- In Internet Explorer, select View >Text size, and then your preferred size
- In Firefox select Tools >Options >Content >Fonts & Colours then your chosen size
- In Mac Safari select View >Zoom In (or Zoom Out)
- Other browsers may vary
Style sheets and Font styles
In the some browsers you can import your own style sheet into this website or control the font size:
- In Internet Explorer select Tools >Internet options >Accessibility. Next click on any or all of three checkboxes to ignore colours, font styles or font sizes. In the same window you can change your style sheet by clicking the checkbox that says, ‘format documents using my style sheet’ then simply browse to your style sheet and click OK
- In Mozilla Firefox select Tools >Options >Content >Fonts & Colours then your chosen font family
- In Safari on a Mac select Safari > Preferences and click on the Advanced tab. You can choose the minimum font-size and also import your own style sheet.
Remove all colour information
Some browsers also facilitate changing colours on this site:
- In Internet Explorer select Tools >Internet options >Accessibility >Ignore colours specified on Web pages
- In Mozilla Firefox select Tools >Options >Content >Fonts & Colours >Colours >then uncheck “Allow pages to choose their own colours, instead of my selections above”